The Waydoo Flyer One is the first affordable eFoil available on the market. Just to be clear, when we say affordable, we mean in comparison to other eFoil brands. The boards are still quite expensive.
Most eFoils cost around $12,000, but Waydoo was able to keep their manufacturing costs low enough to sell their base model for around half that price.
The EPP foam board edition costs around $5,999.00 and the carbon fiber edition costs around $7,399.00 from most retailers.
The Waydoo team launched a Kickstarter campaign in 2020 with the goal of raising enough money to create an affordable eFoil so they are more accessible. The Kickstarter campaign ended with 502 backers who pledged a total of $2,357,029 to bring the affordable efoil to life.
We are proud supporters of Waydoo’s mission to create boards are a lower price point because it will allow more people to enjoy the sport. It also puts pressure on other premium brands to innovate their products and lower their prices.
Overall, the Waydoo Flyer One is a great product that is helping to quickly progress the sport of efoiling.
Read the full review below to discover if it is worth it.
Waydoo Flyer One eFoil Review
The most attractive feature of the Waydoo eFoil is the price point. You can buy it for about half the price of most other brands, so there must be some sacrifices in order to lower the price, right?
Yes, there are a few downsides to the Waydoo Flyer when comparing it to premium brands like Lift foils. We’ll explain those below, but overall, the Waydoo Flyer is a great entry-level eFoil that allows you to enjoy the sport of efoiling at the lowest price.
Here are the pros and cons:
Waydoo Flyer Efoil Pros and Cons
- Good quality. The EPP foam board and carbon fiber mast and wings feel high-quality and are built with solid construction. I thought they might feel cheap but they are solid and sturdy.
- Plug and play battery. Just set the battery in the board and you are ready to ride. It is easy to set up.
- 60 – 85 minutes of riding time.
- Max speed of 25mph with 24 different speed settings.
- Fast-charging battery. The battery charges to full capacity in less than 2 hours.
- Two wing options: Explorer and Patrol.
- High-quality parts and product design.
- Easy to transport. A carry case to transport and store all parts is included.
- Durable construction
- Stable ride that is good for beginners
- Soft EPP foam board helps prevent injury if you fall on the board when learning.
- Low price at $5999.00
- Two-year limited warranty (300-cycle battery warranty)
- The motor is loud. I did not expect this to be an issue because most other eFoils are quiet. This is not a problem for me because I live on the ocean with a lot of other noisy boats and commotion. Although, it is something to consider if you are going to use it in an area with a lot of people. The noise does get annoying, but this is the only real drawback I’ve experienced with the Waydoo Flyer One. This is a fair trade-off for spending $6,000 less than the leading efoil models.
- Bulky design. It doesn’t look as sleek as the more expensive brands.
- Uncertainty about longterm-durability. This is a new product and a new company. They have not been around long enough to understand how long the product will last and what kind of long-term maintenance is required. Waydoo offers a two-year limited warranty, but there is a risk that you will run into issues beyond the warranty period. However, the same risks apply for all eFoil brands or motorized watersport equipment for that matter.
What is included?
- A board made from high-density expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam. There is an aluminum frame inside the board to give it more support and durability.
- PowerFlight cell battery with an easy plug-and-play system.
- Power assembly unit that includes a 25.6″ mast with a propulsion system.
- One explorer front wing. You can purchase an additional patrol wing for improved maneuverability.
- One rear wing
- Fast battery charger
- Bluetooth hand controller with 24 speed settings. The handheld remote floats so you will not lose it in the water.
- Wheeled carry case
- Tool and accessory kit
Is the Waydoo Flyer Efoil worth it?
The Waydoo Flyer eFoil is the most affordable eFoil available and it is made with high-quality materials. It is the perfect eFoil for beginners looking for their first board at a reasonable price point. It is also a great option for someone starting an eFoil rental business for teaching lessons because most of your customers will be beginners and it will keep your costs low.
The Waydoo eFoil is not worth it for riders who prefer a silent ride because the motor is loud.