When Roombas were first launched, they were definitely the it-item of the 2000’s. Although they were not the best performing machines way back then, they have come an incredibly long way in a short span of time. The Roomba 600 series, including the 675, 692, and 694, are all engineered to be smarter and stronger robot vacuums. They not only clean your home with exponential power, they are equipped with advanced software systems that can detect where you have high-traffic, dirtier areas. Additionally, they are now compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant control which makes it exceptionally easy to program and schedule.
Of course, you may be wondering whether the iRobot Roomba is worth it. Although we find the 692 and 694 of this series more budget-friendly, they do cost more than traditional small vacuums. Therefore, we have composed a thorough review such that you can decide if it is worth the price. We have listed the important specifications, the benefits, the special features, and a short checklist determining if this vacuum is right for you.
Happier, and easier, cleaning lies ahead!
- Roomba Models 600 Series: Roomba 675, Roomba 692, Roomba 694
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.54 inches
- Weight: 5 to 6.8 pounds
- Dust Bin Capacity: 0.3 to 0.35 litres
- Run-Time: 90 minutes
Check price on Amazon.com
Benefits of owning a Roomba
There are so many benefits to investing in an iRobot Roomba:
- They are easy to operate. Unlike traditional vacuums, they do not need to be dragged out from the closet and lugged all over your home. Rather, they can simply be programmed from your app and left to clean on their own.
- They are low maintenance. Although they are very small machines, the dustpan capacity can be between .3 to .35 liters. Ultimately, the only regular maintenance you will have to do is empty it. Otherwise, most cleaning of sections such as the filters or sensors, are once per month.
- You can program your cleaning. You can program them to run when you are doing other tasks or sleeping. They can also be scheduled to run regularly and routinely, equating to low dust and pet dander levels in your home.
- They are better at cleaning hard-to-reach and tight places. Since they are a curved and sleek design, Roombas can easily reach places that would be hard for you to clean, such as under couches and shelves.
- They have small storage. Their housing docks are small and stylish.
- They can detect where they should clean. Roombas can detect which areas of your home are high-traffic areas. They will clean these sections more thoroughly.
- You do not have to vacuum. The best, overall benefit is that you simply do not have to vacuum anymore. That’s one less task off your to-do list!
Roombas in the 600 series are more advanced than ever before, complete with app and voice control compatibility, adaptive navigation, and powerful cleaning systems. These robot vacuums offer a multitude of practical features, designed to make your day-to-day life easier.
App and Voice Control
iRobot has worked tirelessly to bring their robot vacuums into the new age of technology, equipping them with app compatibility to an iRobot Home App. In the app, you can create cleaning schedules and you can receive personalised cleaning suggestions and seasonal recommendations. They even are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant which further enhances convenience.
Roombas are expert navigators, literally. They have been designed with intelligent sensors that allow them to maneuver around corners, along edges, under furniture, and away from “cliffs” like stairs. Additionally, they are equipped with an ability to detect dirt; this means they will spend extra time on areas with high volumes of dirt and grime. Essentially, you can be sure that they will actually clean your floors.
Even though Roombas in the 600 series do not have digital mapping like other Roombas, they can still get along just fine without knowing the floor plan of your home.
Powerful Cleaning System
Of course, this is what everyone truly wants to know, how does it clean? Fortunately, the answer is straight-forward good news for most people. It cleans very well, on many different types of floor surfaces including carpeting, ceramic, hardwood, laminate, and tile. It even comes highly recommended by those who accumulate lots of pet hair on the floors. That said, it does not clean floors well if you consistently have an array of items on the floor, multiple wet messes, or medium-long shaggy rugs.
However, for the majority of people, this is a perfect robot vacuum with exceptional cleaning abilities. It features a 3-stage cleaning system with dual multi-surface brushes, and an auto-adjust cleaning head. The brushes work together to grab dirt and grime from your flooring; the first brush loosens and lifts while the second brush moves the debris towards the suction. The edge-sweeping brush ensures that all debris is picked up along corners and edges. Furthermore, the auto adjust brush head allows for smooth transitions on all types of surfaces; it can change its height to effectively clean different levels of carpeting and smooth surfaces alike.
There are not many differences between the models in the 600 series. That said, the 675 has been reported to clean low-pile carpets better while the 692 and 694 have been praised for their fantastic ability to clean bare floors and high-pile carpets.
Should I buy a Roomba?
You May Love a Roomba If:
- You are tired of vacuuming or you have trouble keeping up with the vacuuming
- You have many things to do and just do not have time for vacuuming
- You have mobility issues or chronic pain, making it difficult to vacuum regularly
- You have large, open rooms or can leave room doors open
- You have normal-low level carpets
- You do not typically have items strewn across your floors and/or wet messes
You May not Like a Roomba If:
- You have medium-long, shaggy carpets
- You often have items on your floor
- You often have wet messes on your floors
- You want something more advanced (such as with floor mapping, digital barriers, or mopping features)
Are Roombas Worth Buying?
Overall, Roombas in the 600 Series are practical, efficient robot vacuums. They do exactly as you want them to do, which is clean your floors in a precise and thorough manner. They are also incredibly convenient because you can program them from your smart device or through voice control. They are definitely worth the investment price, as you will soon be coming home to sparkling clean floors without ever lifting a finger (except for touching the app of course!)